Freedom Fighter’s Responsibility
The new weapons available in fighting for freedom bring great opportunity, and responsibility. Freedom fighters trying to reach out should make a pledge to the world. It not only increases support for your cause, it will also increase your chance at survival.
Do not doubt the following:
The world is likely to support non-violent protests. The more violence perpetrated on the side you represent the more support for your cause will erode. If you leave any ambiguity as to what your beliefs are, the world and your own people will notice. This rule applies to both freedom fighters and those defending the government. The power of the internet is a real nuisance to a dictator. It could also mean death to the revolution, if protesters get on the wrong side of it.
If violence is the only option left open, do not fight in a way that turns you into a criminal. No matter how bad it looks today, peace will come. Your crimes will not be forgotten or forgiven once it does. Keep your struggle noble. Do not turn it into a stain on humanity.
Clauses 1-8 below are to gain full support of this group. They are non-negotiable.
The rest of the pledge ensures even more support from us, and the rest of the world.
Freedom Fighter’s Pledge to Mankind:
- I believe in the Pledge to Mankind and the List of Good and Evil
- I speak with one voice. I do not say one thing to my countrymen, and another to the international community.
- I believe in democracy and freedom for all.
- I will hand in my weapons after the revolution is won.
- I will not support any of my commanders who form their own militias, arm only their own groups, or stock their own weapons.
- I agree not to terrorize or attack the innocent, the infirmed, and the young.
- I will not be arrogant to, or steal from the civilian population.
- I agree with the rules of the Geneva Convention.
- I call anyone who helps us my friend.
- I offer new opportunities to old friends and new.
- My own people will be the “boots on the ground,” and we will do our own fighting.
- I believe my country should uphold our international obligations.
- I do not damn the world for having ignored us so long.
- In this new window of opportunity past sins are forgotten.
Please add to the pledges you would like to see by leaving a reply below.
Created: May 20, 2011
Revised: March 18, 2013