Revolutions occur in many stages. Sometimes, when you are very lucky, they are won before they become violent. Wishful thinking must not be counted on.
Below we have divided a movement into 5 major stages along with other points to consider. All major areas of interested may be commented on at the bottom of each individual page.
Warning – Read Warning First
5 Stages of a revolution:
- Starting a Revolution – What to do once the revolution starts.
- Protesting – How to protest, what is needed, how to react, and how to stay alive.
- Government Response – What to do depends on government response.
- Civil War – When the violence becomes intolerable.
- After Revolution – After the revolution your work has just begun.
- Building A Government: How to form a transitional government before and during a revolution.
- Defecting: How to defect from a dictator.
- Infiltrators: How to spot them
- Movement leaders: Qualities needed and how to choose.
- Negotiating: Is it worth it?
- Refugees: Anything that has to do with refugees.
- Reporters and Photographers: Perils and obligations of reporters and photographers.